(HealthDay News) — More than 3 million people in the U.S. have some form of epilepsy, says the Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania.
Latest Neurology News
Seizures can last from seconds to minutes, and can cause convulsions.
- Cushion the head and remove any glasses.
- Loosen tight clothing.
- Turn the person on his or her side.
- Time the seizure.
- Don’t put anything in the mouth.
- Look for a form of identification.
- Do not hold the person down.
- Offer help as the seizure ends.
If a seizure lasts more than 5 minutes, the Epilepsy Foundation urges bystanders to call 911.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.