Latest Allergies News
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests how to prevent mold and how to get rid of an existing problem:
- Fix plumbing leaks and other water issues as soon as possible. Dry all surfaces completely.
- Scrub mold from hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely.
- Absorbent or porous materials, such as ceiling tiles and carpet, may have to be thrown away if they become moldy.
- Clean up any mold and dry surfaces thoroughly before painting. Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel.
- If you are unsure about how to clean mold off an item of special value, consult a specialist.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.